Friday, April 01, 2011

Oh, the Things You Will See……

I’ve had my little Scentsy business for over two years now.  A year ago, my team consisted of 37 consultants.  Today, I’m at 123.  I never planned this.  I never dreamed the success afforded by this venture.  I work hard, but I love it.  The rewards are more than I could have ever dreamed.  Six months after starting my business, I had earned an Alaskan Cruise.  Because we were “between” the two weddings of 2009, Bob chose not to spend the extra money to join me – but my little brother couldn’t sign up fast enough.  We sailed for 7 days, seeing sights I never knew existed.  I’m a palm tree and sunshine girl, but the Alaskan vistas brought tears to my eyes.  It’s a trip I’ll never forget.

IMG_1348

IMG_1282

Less than a year later, I had earned my second trip – HAWAII.  It had been more than 20 years since Bob and I had visited our 50th state, and because he had been before, he graciously gave up his spot to our oldest daughter Carrie.  We had the most wonderful mother/daughter trip – 7 days in “paradise”.  We did a few things I had experienced before – snorkeling at Hanauma Bay and visiting Pearl Harbor.  Somehow, I let my adventurous daughter talk me into zip-lining and I have to admit that I LOVED IT!!  We stood atop an active volcano, ate sushi and watched the sea turtles bask in the sun.  It was a perfect trip!!

IMG_3521

IMG_3311

IMG_3715

IMG_3860

I’d only been home from Hawaii for 6 weeks when I found out I’d earned a trip for two to Boston in late September.  I knew this was one I was going to include my husband with.  Mainly because one of the “perks” of the trip was a private breakfast tour of Fenway Park.  Now, don’t get me wrong – he’s a St. Louis Cardinal fan through and through, but he appreciates the history and tradition behind the oldest ballpark in the country.  He wore this baseball cap for one day, and then took it home and gave it to his grandson.  :)

Boston

We had LOTS of clam chowder, walked the Freedom Trail and soaked up the history of Boston on this wonderful trip!!

We came home from Boston and I hit the ground running – determined to earn the next incentive trip to Disney World.  Even though we’ve been there more times than I can count, I knew a Disney trip that had the “Scentsy” touch, would be like nothing I’d ever experienced.  Plus, for the first time they were offering a “family” trip.  Could I possibly earn it for more than just the two of us?  By January 31st when the promotion had ended – I had earned the trip for not only Bob and I, but for Kevin and Kelli too.  The last time we took the two of them to Disney World, they were 8 and 12. 

In 10 short weeks, we’ll experience it all together – again.  I can’t wait!!

No comments: