Friday, November 21, 2008

More "Roots"

Thanks to the power of the internet, I met my cousin's wife this week. I found her email address on an online ancestry board and I emailed her to introduce myself and to thank her for all of her hard work and research. (Her mother-in-law and my father were brother and sister). Today, I received a lengthy email from her with even more information and access to her ancestry.com website. Tonight, I've spent hours there and was able to go back two more generations for a total of 10 generations and a span of 275 years - all the way back to William and Elizabeth (Sealy) Milham in 1733 England - my great-great-great-great-great-grandparents. Do you think Elizabeth Sealy would be proud to know that 8 generations removed, she has a granddaughter named Elizabeth Christine Knight?

While viewing pages of Milham ancestors, I also came across a photo of my dad that I had never seen.


No comments: