Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Have This Friend.....

...and she ALWAYS has my back.

We met 21 years ago, when she moved in down the street and I took her a plate of brownies. Our daughters are the same age and the two of them have grown up as best friends. Next summer, her daughter will be my daughter's Maid of Honor.

Our husbands - believe it or not - share the same birthday - October 19th. And now, my grandson shares that same birthday.

Over the past 21 years, we've been pregnant together, we've taken our kids to Disneyworld twice and we've cruised the Caribbean twice.

Sunday night, as I drove in a panic down Portage Road on my way to Memorial Hospital, I called her so she'd know what was happening.

"Do you want me to come?" "No, that's ok - I'll call you when I know anything."

Twenty minutes later as they were rushing my daughter into surgery, I called her again. I think she heard my voice cracking and I remember hearing her say, "I'm on my way!"

Not only did she come, she beat my husband and my other children. As I met her in the hallway, she asked, "Did you bring your camera?" Of course, I rushed out of the house with no camera AND a dead cell phone on top of it. She just smiled and pulled her camera out of her purse. We wouldn't have those first photos if it wasn't for her and I would have NEVER captured this moment....




Don't know what I'd do without her.








No comments: