Sunday, July 06, 2008

We Have a Dress.....

We started our afternoon with lunch at Olive Garden - just us girls - one bride, one mother of the bride - four sisters (bridesmaids) - and one flower girl. Then it was off to David's Bridal for our 1:30 session.

As requested by the bride, I was not allowed to take photos. She knew they'd end up on my blog and the groom reads my blog. But, there were no rules about photographing the potential flower girl, and of course Grace couldn't wait to pose.



So, let me just say that the dress IS Chrissie. It's exactly what she wanted - very much like the original favorite she chose, but with a longer train and a little more glitter. (Total strangers were walking by, telling her how beautiful she looked). Unfortunately for ME, it was more than double the price of the original favorite. The smile on her face was too much for me as I wrote out the check. The dress has now been ordered and will take at least three months to arrive, at which point she will have another fitting to determine that it is in fact "perfect". After that, it will hang in our guest room until next spring when a few alterations will take place. We also purchased the veil and the hair accessories. This bride did not want a tiara. All I can say is that what she ended up with is beautiful and definately "her". As Carrie kept telling her, "Chrissie, you could walk down the aisle in a brown paper bag and be beautiful".

We weren't as lucky when it came to bridesmaids dresses. I should have known that her four sisters couldn't and wouldn't agree on anything. What looked good on Kelli (age 16), Carrie shot down. When Kelli and Carrie finally agreed, the twins were a "no go". At this point, I'm going to worry about my dress and let the bridesmaids fight it out.

No comments: