Monday, June 02, 2008

Playing Catch Up.....

You know, when I originally started this BLOG - it was with the intention of keeping our out-of-state family in touch with the goings on here in Indiana. I had hoped to update every couple of days, but sometimes my life is just dang boring. So anyway - it's been a while and I'll try and catch you up in one simple posting. Hopefully I can do better with the month of June.

OK - so last week, Kelli finished her sophomore year of high school. She's now officially a JUNIOR! Whoa!!!! How the heck did that happen???!!! It's really strange how school ends and yet we still have baseball sectionals and tonight is our spring sport awards ceremony. Tomorrow, she starts her summer job.

Last week, high school baseball sectionals began. Kelli asked me to go with her on Thursday night - the semi-final game between Clay and Riley. Her "friend" Ben is Clay's 3rd baseman. I told her I'd go and asked if she'd be sitting with me? Her response? "Well Tommy and Joanie will be there - you can sit with them." She stuck with me long enough for me to pay her admission and visit the concession stand and then she was off to sit in the painted faces/painted t-shirt section.

It ended up being a GREAT game - which Clay won in the bottom of the 7th!!! If I had to make it to only one game all year, I sure picked a good one. Here you go Ben - you made my BLOG!!










On Friday afternoon, we packed the car and drove to southern Illinois to see Grandma and Grandpa Knight and attend a wedding on Saturday. There were four carloads of us from Indiana who made the trek. Of course, much to Kelli's dismay - Ben and the rest of the Colonials were playing for the Sectional Championship on Friday night. Kelli's cell phone was going off every two minutes with text updates from her friend Katie. After four innings, the rain came and the game was postponed until Saturday afternoon. (And we eventually lost the championship in extra innings).

Despite all the rain we faced during our 5 1/2 hour drive on Friday, Saturday morning was sunny and beautiful and HOT! All of our men headed off to the golf course and us girls did a little shopping. We had a relaxing day with family and then it was time to get ALL of us ready for the wedding. When I say ALL of us - I mean 14 of us in a house with two bathrooms. Grandma and Grandpa had left early Saturday morning for a reunion in Joplin, MO. I think that's what they did - at least that's what they told us. It could have been that they just skipped town because 14 of us had invaded their home. Anyway, we had a wonderful time at the wedding. Our little Benjamin was the "KING" of the dance floor.

















Sunday morning, we were up early - cleaning Grandma's house and meeting Bob's sister Kathy for breakfast, before heading back to Indiana. It was a fun weekend, but it's always good to get home and sleep in my own bed.

No comments: