Monday, June 09, 2008

Hot and Muggy and Aching Muscles

We woke up early on Saturday morning with a mission on our minds - a landscaping mission. We made our way to Menard and Lowe's before a quick breakfast stop, and then it was home to begin our project. We pulled out all of the old black, plastic edging, and raked up the old wood chips, mulch, etc. from around our shrubs and landscaping. Thankfully, Bob's new wheelbarrow paid for itself very quickly.







We added more concrete block edging around the lamp pole and rose bushes and added new redwood mulch. By 5:00, we had over half of our project done and my allergies were in "red alert" mode. I took a hot shower, put on my pajamas and ordered Chinese Food.

Sunday morning, we decided to go to early Mass and then attempt to finish the other side. I tried to engage Kelli's help and that lasted about a half hour - too many bugs and too hot. I spent most of the afternoon burying the new concrete block edging and then a major thunderstorm came through and thankfully forced me inside to the shower. Once the storm cleared, the sun came out. The combination of the two made it more muggy than ever. We managed to dump four more bags of redwood mulch and now there's just a small amount left to finish and more concrete blocks to buy to finish the edging.

Why the rush? Because the next five weekends, we'll be on the road with Kelli and softball tournaments. At least now, I'll be able to come home after a long weekend in a lawnchair and appreciate my weekend of allergy and muscle misery. So, I may be hurting right now, but it was worth it!














No comments: