Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Knocked For a Loop.....

It's been a few years since I had a good case of the stomach flu. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was as sick as I've been in the past 48 hours. Today, I'm at least functioning at 80% - which basically means I can sit up longer than 5 minutes. From noon on Monday until Tuesday evening, my existence consisted of my bed, the toilet and the family room couch. I was better yesterday - at least enough so to move to the couch and I managed to get caught up on a week's worth of DAYS OF OUR LIVES and several LIFETIME MOVIES I had stored on my DVR. I really had the dog confused. He laid by me continuously - knowing that "mom" isn't usually at home during the day and she NEVER lays in bed all day.

For those of you who know me well, I was so sick that I had to miss Kelli's Sectional game against Mishawaka on Monday evening - a game we lost in the bottom of the 7th - 1 - 0.

So now I'm trying to determine where this "bug" came from. No one in my house has been sick. No one at the office. The only direction I can point is at one of my dear grandchildren - four of whom I saw over the weekend and all of whom shared kisses with grandma. Thanks guys!!!

No comments: