Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Let Me Introduce Our Cruise Directors.....

For those who know me, I'm always described as a well-organized person. As the mother of seven - I had to be. Running my household was like a well-oiled machine. Well, my household is shrinking and the machine may be a little rusty, but I'm still pretty organized. Now, let me introduce you to my sister-in-law Arlette. She puts me to shame in that category. Proof to point - this cruise we're going on in 60 days. Yep - 60 days from now we'll be soaking up the sun somewhere between south Florida and the Yucatan Peninsula. Arlette and her friend/co-worker Laurie decided over a year ago to put together a Family and Friends sailing through Carnival. This has been no small task - more phone calls and emails than anyone can imagine. Today, we have 40 people - all paid in full - and all planning for a fun-filled week.

So, you'd think our cruise planners would relax - but noooooooooooo. They're having meetings and table discussions on how this is all going to come together. How they're going to get eight of us "northerners" and all of our luggage picked up in Orlando on Friday and transported to Melbourne, if there's enough food planned for the Bon Voyage Party on Friday night, where we're sleeping, if the hot water heater will allow for all those showers, who drinks coffee for breakfast and how we're all getting from Melbourne to Port Canaveral on Saturday morning.



To all my fellow cruisers - trust me - we're in the capable hands of these four Cruise Directors. OK - maybe I should say two - Frank and Jesse look more interested in cigars and beer.


1 comment:

Arlette said...

Patty, Jesse would like to know HOW exactly YOU are getting from the airport to the house??Please explain.