Thursday, February 07, 2008

I Just Can't Say NO.....

As if my life isn't busy enough, I agreed to make 200 wedding invitations for Chrissie's friend Brianne. The wedding is in early May and the invitations need to be completed for mailing by the end of March. Brianne's mom has the envelopes and the addressing process has started. As for my part - let's just say that I'm "underway". I need to get the bride to confirm her wording so that I can print out the final section and attach. The first 100 are nearly done and that's a major "whew" on my part!!

After some online research, I found a great company for purchasing the bulk cardstock and all the envelopes. The service was AWESOME!! The wedding colors are chocolate brown and light blue. I started with the brown cardstock cut in 5 3/4" squares and the blue cardstock in 5 1/2" squares.




Once my blue pieces were cut, it was time to add the embossing. Tools needed: clear stamp, watermark stamp pad, chocolate brown embossing powder, and an embossing heat tool.






Once the embossing is finished, I line them up and let them sit for a few hours. Maybe not necessary, but I like to know that everything is intact. See how the powder melts and turns shiny when heated??




Next, I attach the ribbon. I've used repositionable glue dots to hold it place on the front and then I tape the ribbon on the back where it won't show.



Now, it's time to mat the embossed/ribboned piece with the brown cardstock.



And finally, they are stacked ever so neatly, waiting patiently for the bride to finalize her wording. The invitation itself will be printed on white cardstock in brown ink and attached on the right side of the invitation - slipped under the edge of the ribbon.




No comments: