Friday, February 22, 2008

CRICUT Creations....


My Design Team assignment for March is to create a display showing what this tool can do. I've had my Cricut for a couple of years and I'm always finding new and different things that this little guy can do for me.


I started with a basic layout. Of course, it helps when I have an adorable subject to work with. Here's our Gracie at Disneyworld in September. This was one of the photos on the disk that Carrie purchased from the Disney photographers. Cricut cartridges I used to create this layout - Printing Press and Fabulous Finds. (My scan cut off the bottom of the layout).



Next, I completed two cards to show some of the letter melding techniques. Cartridges used to complete the cards - Walk in My Garden and Beyond Birthdays.






Now, it time for something that doesn't involve lettering. So many people think that the only thing the Cricut is good for is cutting letters. How about some centerpieces for a party or a shower or even a special meal? This little gift bag was created using the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge. When the actual piece is cut, there are faint markings so that you'll know exactly where to fold and apply your adhesive. You can make gift bags and boxes up to 6" in size. Once I assembled the bag, I put florist foam in the bottom. I then fan-folded some paper, trimmed the ends and fastened the pieces together to form a flower. I then attached the flowers to narrow dowel sticks and inserted them into the foam. Just think how cute these would be with Shamrocks for a St. Patty's Day Party, or Easter Eggs for your Easter table. The possibilities are endless!! I finished this off with some shredded paper and a little flower tag from the Fabulous Finds cartridge.



So there you have it - a quick showcase of some fun things you can do with the Cricut. There's a bigger and better model called the Cricut Expression, but as for me - I'm content with my original little model.

No comments: