Monday, December 17, 2007

Phantom of the Opera

Well, I may never see this in New York but after this past weekend, I realize that I don't have to. Chicago has so much to offer and it's so close. I'm already making plans for a return visit this summer with my girls to see "Wicked".


We stayed at the Hampton Majestic, in the heart of the theater district and had a wonderful dinner on Friday night at the Italian Village. We did some window shopping and enjoyed some street performers - who didn't seem one bit affected by the cold. The city was beautiful at night - especially at this time of year. It's hard to photograph the lights at night, but I think you can get a general idea from these...




It was cold and snowy and windy - but then, we were in the "Windy City" - right? We did a lot of walking, stopping in local stores to warm up or to grab a cup of coffee. The Borders store on the corner of State and Randolph became our favorite hangout. We had lunch right across the street from the theater and while we were eating, the snow started coming down.


By the time the theater let out, we were in the middle of a full-fledged blizzard. It took us nearly 3 hours to get home, but we made it safe and sound with plenty of wonderful memories. Phantom of the Opera continues at the Cadillac Palace through January 5th. I can highly recommend it along with the Hampton Majestic and the Italian Village restaurant. Combined, it was the perfect get-away weekend.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Arlette said...

I am so glad that you had such a great time with your "rock star"!!!!