Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Survey

1. Do you send out Christmas cards? Yes - sometimes homemade. This year - a photo card of our grandchildren.
2. How soon do you start shopping? September/October
3. Who do you shop for? Children and Grandchildren and of course my husband and my mom.
4. Do you put up a Christmas tree? Yes.
5. If so, is it fake or real? We bought a beautiful FAKE tree a few years ago and I love it.
6. Do you like tinsel? Yes - I use a very thin rope tinsel and beads.
7. Do you use homeade or storebought ornaments? A combination of both. Some are very old - made by the kids when they were in school. Some of my favorites were given to me as a wedding gift - since we were married at Christmas time.
8. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house? No - just a lighted wreath on the front door and white candles in each window. Kind of simple - but I think it's pretty.
9. What color lights on the tree? White
10. How about popcorn and cranberries? No
11. Is there a wreath hanging on your door? Yes
12. Do you hang stockings? I used to when the kids were all smaller - but now, I've given the stockings to them for their households.
13. Favorites Christmas Movie - "White Christmas" - makes me cry every time.
14. Favorite Christmas Song - "I'll Be Home For Christmas" - another one that makes me cry.
15. Ham or Turkey? Turkey!!
16. Star or Angel? Angel - I made her when I was pregant with the twins and she still looks beautiful atop our tree.
17. When do you open your gifts? Christmas Eve
18. What's the best gift you've ever gotten? I'd have to say the birth of Ben and Jack - two years ago - two grandsons born a week apart just before Christmas. I remember sitting there on Christmas Eve holding a baby in each arm. Brought back memories of my twin girls 27 years ago.
19. Do you like wrapping gifts? Yes - I love to wrap - just wish I could make those big beautiful bows.
20. Can you name all the reindeer? Yes
21. Do you bake cookies? Yes and now that Kelli works at the Bed and Breakfast, she has lots of new and delicious recipes.
22. Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe? Yep!
23. Do you go caroling? It's been a VERY long time since we did that.
24. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights? Something else we used to do years ago.
25. Have you ever left Santa cookies? Yes - but not since we got the dog.
26. Have you ever sat on Santa's lap? Of course.
27. Who do you celebrate Christmas with? Our children, grandchildren, son-in-laws and sometimes a few neigbors stop in. It's always a full house.
28. Where do you celebrate Christmas? At home.
29. Have you ever had a white Christmas? We almost always have a white Christmas here in northern Indiana.
30. What part of Christmas do you look most foward to? The look on the faces of my kids and grandkids when they get something special - or when I've really surprised them.
31. Does your family always take a picture at Christmas? Yes and before long, we're going to need a wide angled lense!
32. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Some of each
33. When do you take the tree down? Usually New Year’s Day
34. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
35. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Shrimp cocktails on Christmas Eve.

No comments: