Monday, October 02, 2006

Sad News...

I can't say it's ever happened where I've actually learned news before the television and newspapers are reporting it. My friend Melody is a KVA (Key Volunteer Associate) for the local Marine Unit currently serving in Iraq. I served in this same capacity three years ago while Bobby was serving with this unit. Our job was to receive important information and relay facts and details to family members. At 9:00 last night, Melody called to tell me that a member of this unit was killed yesterday in Iraq by sniper fire. It's the first casualty in two tours for the Marines of Compay B. When I called Bobby to give him the news, he never said a word - just silence.

It was released by the Tribune - online about an hour ago. I'm sure the news medias will be reporting at the Noon hour.

Please pray for the soul of Marine Cpl. Aaron Seal of Elkhart, Indiana and for the family he leaves behind.

1 comment:

Amy Bradburn said...

Patty,
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I can't imagine what that family is going through, and the entire family of Company B. Give Bobby our sympathy.
Love,
Amy