Wednesday, September 27, 2006

29 Years Ago Today...

...I became the mother of two. Robert Allan Knight Jr. was born at 7:04 a.m. on this date 29 years ago - my first born son - weighing in at 8 pounds 13 ounces - a bald headed, blue eyed baby boy. My memory is of a very rough labor and delivery - nothing like Carrie. He had the umbilical cord around his neck several times and I remember the doctor telling me he looked like an African Tribal Dancer. Just before delivery, they could find no heartbeat and when he was delivered - he was blue. I prayed to hear him cry - and after a few hard swats, he did just that. I remember lying in bed a week later with Bobby snuggled between Bob and I and in the dark, I heard Bob say, "God must have something very special in mind for him, because He really wanted him to live." You've led a special life Bobby and we're thankful for you every day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments: