Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Something I’ve Always Wanted To Learn To Do…..

When I was a little girl, my grandmother taught me crochet and embroider.  The embroidery took me through YEARS of counted cross stitch.  The crochet lessons were like riding a bike – you never forget how to do it.  A couple of years ago, I crocheted afghans for all of my kids for Christmas.  But, in the back of my mind I always had the desire to learn to knit.  About a month ago, I discovered The Red Purl in Niles, Michigan.  I signed up for a beginner’s class and that’s all it took.  I love everything about it – the yarns, the colors and the way it makes me feel so relaxed when I’m working on a project.   Friday nights, you can sit there amidst all that yarn, along with other knitters and work on your project.  I did that a couple of weeks ago and had so much fun.  This Friday night, my friend Lisa and I are going out to dinner and then spending our evening at The Red Purl.  

I’m sure my grandmother would be proud to know that those early years under her guidance haven’t been forgotten – and I think of her every time I pick up a project.   

red purl 3red purl 1

No comments: