Monday, May 18, 2009

Technique of the Month

My assignment for May was the Technique Table.  This is my least favorite assignment and I’d put it off as long as humanly possible.  The good news is that I won’t face this assignment again for another year!! 

I have to admit that once I got it completed, I was actually happy with the results.  When I first started scrapbooking, there were no Cricuts to give us paper pieced embellishments for our pages.  Instead, we traced items from coloring books using our light boards, pieced them together and added them to our pages.  Very time consuming, but I always loved the results.   So, that’s what I did.  I went back to my old pattern books and pieced these items for a layout, a picture frame and a Mother’s Day card.  On the card, the flower is pieced with glitter beads added to the center.  The moon and the baby have been pieced on the picture frame, and the cupid with the bow and arrow on the LITTLE HEARTBREAKER layout.

paper piecing 2

paper piecing 3

No comments: