Monday, February 16, 2009

I Learned a Valuable Lesson....

Do you see the SIX adorable faces sitting with Grandma and Grandpa at the top of this page? Those faces would belong to Grace, Anna, A.J., Jack, Benjamin and Nolan - our grandchildren. I love them all dearly. I can easily handle several of them at one time. On Saturday night, Bob and I attempted to watch all six of them while their parents celebrated Valentine's Day at the Blue Chip. Now, let me start off by saying that none of them were bad. It's just taking care of six of them - ages 4 months to 7 years. Now, I know what you're thinking - Bob and I raised seven. Yeah, but not 7 under the age of 7.

Grace had an ear infection and was on medication. Add to this the fact that she is a "drama queen" and you can just about imagine. She wanted Grandma's total attention - snuggle and watch cartoons. Well, that's impossible when you've a four-month old who is in need of a bottle and a diaper change, and two 3-year olds chasing each other through the house like they were on a track at the Indy 500, and a 7-year old who wanted someone to play SORRY with him, and an 18 month old who just wanted to be held.

We survived - but we've vowed to take them on in lower doses next time around.

No comments: