Tuesday, January 13, 2009

WICKED, Petterino's and Hotel Monaco

Only three more days of sub-zero windchills and blizzards and trying to fight my way to the office. Then I'll get to face the sub-zero windchills and snow of downtown Chicago. But, at least it will be the weekend and I'll be with Bob and we'll get to enjoy a wonderful dinner, the theater and the Hotel Monaco. Throw in a bag of popcorn from Garrett's and my weekend will be complete!

http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/

As for dinner, that will be at Petterino's. I've been there before and it was wonderful and I'm excited to share it with Bob.



After dinner, we'll be seeing WICKED at the Oriental Theater. This theater has housed an open-run of WICKED for the past three years. That run ends on January 25th.



I love staying in downtown Chicago. The hotels are old and classic and the decor is beautiful - and right now, many of them are offering great "winter rates". Here's a sampling of the Hotel Monaco. Of course, our view will include a LOT of snow and ice.






No comments: