Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Linebacker

The Linebacker is a bar - located just east of the Notre Dame campus. It's nothing fancy, but it is a favorite hangout for students and locals - including all of my kids and their friends. Drinks are cheap and the DJ is good.

Saturday night, Bob and I went out to dinner with Katie and Colleen, to celebrate their birthday. After dinner, we made a stop at Bar Louie for drinks, and met up with more of their friends. From Bar Louie, the group seemed destined to find their way to The Linebacker and wouldn't take "no" for an answer from Bob and I. So we went - and sure enough, we were the two oldest people in the bar. But I have to admit, it was so much fun! My kids have the BEST friends and we had lots of laughs. Here we are with three of our daughters, one son-in-law, and two soon to be son-in-laws. Maybe one of these days, we'll find our way back to The Linebacker.



No comments: