Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering....

Today, many of us think back - and remember. Our world, as we knew it changed forever on that day. We can never go back.

Yesterday our office computers were down for a few hours and I spent the time cleaning out my desk. I came across a photo and I thought that it was ironic that I found it at this time. This photo was taken on September 13, 2001 - two days after we were attacked. As the mother of a Marine, I knew that even though he had enlisted during a time of peace, he would eventually go to war for his country - and he did, a year and a half later.

My soldier returned home safely to the family and friends that loved him. Many did not. On this anniversary, I remember and I pray for those lost on September 11th and those lost fighting for our freedom each and every day since.



No comments: