Friday, August 15, 2008

Do You Sketch?

If you're a scrapbooker, you probably know about "sketches". As for me, I'm addicted to them. I have a binder full of them. I live for the first of the month so that I can go to Becky Fleck's website - http://www.pagemaps.com/ - and print out the new sketches. You see, here's the thing....you get home after a long day of work. You have a stack of photos sitting in front of you and more product than you could ever use in 20 years and you don't know where to start. So, you grab your sketch binder - flip it open and there you have it - a multitude of ways to layout those photos, whether you have ONE or SIX (or more).

I'm scrapbooking tomorrow - all day. I have the photos and product pulled for 15 layouts. That and my sketch binder and I'm set. I'll spend the day laying out my pages and then all I have to do when I get home is add the embellishing and journaling and title and I'm done. It will also keep me from dragging everything I own to the crop.

Sketches - try one. Once you do, you won't know how you scrapbooked without them.

No comments: