We were on the road early this morning - Kelli, Hannah and I - on our way to North Manchester, Indiana - about 75 miles. We get there - the sun is shining brightly - we start warming up and our game gets underway at 11:00 a.m. Five innings into the game, the skies start to darken, the wind begins to blow and the rain starts to fall. We headed for some shelter and withstood a five minute cloudburst. Things cleared up, the fields were made ready and our girls prepare to finish the game. The umpires looked at the skies, checking the clouds moving in from the west. They decided to postpone everything for an hour and sent us all to our cars. As we loaded everything in the back of the car and grabbed some snacks from the cooler, this was a shot of the threat coming our way.
Within just a few minutes, the wind was howling - people were scattering and the sky directly above our car looked like this.....
The skies opened up with torrential rain and hail and we sat in the car for 20 minutes, until our coach called on Kelli's cell phone and said that everything had been cancelled and we needed to be back at 8:30 a.m. tommorrow. Be prepared for a LONG day!
So, we drove 150 miles (at $4.07 a gallon) and played 5 innings.
Let's hope we get our money's worth tomorrow!