Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It Starts Again....

For as long as I can remember, our lives as parents have been consumed with girl's softball. Carrie, Katie, Colleen, and Chrissie - Little League, Grade School, High School, Travel Teams and College Softball. More years than I can even attempt to calculate. The summers of road trips, hotels and living out of coolers. Those were some of the best summers of our lives and we made friendships that will last a lifetime. So....we're on the home stretch now. One last daughter - Kelli. It was inevitable that she'd play softball. I think it's in her blood. Maybe the fact that she spent her early years following after her sisters, dreaming of the day it would be her turn.




Tonight - tryouts begin for her high school team. She's been conditioning for months and now it's time to show what they've got (or don't have). She's excited! Ready to get to work and play ball - hopefully in about three weeks if the weather cooperates. As for me, I'm working on a purple and gold afghan to wrap myself in during those early season games.

No comments: