Friday, December 21, 2007

Layered Taco Dip

I was up at 5:30 this morning, making this for a holiday party tonight. Of course, I'll be making another one on Monday for our Christmas Eve celebration because it's a favorite of my kids. If you want to make a HIT at a New Year's or Super Bowl Party - this is the recipe for YOU.

The "key" to making this quick and easy is to use extremely RIPE avocadoes. Make sure they're black and squishy when you look for them in the store. (I had to go to three different stores yesterday to find the ones I needed). I also had already mashed them up when I decided to take a picture of the ingredients.



Now, I layer everything in my round stoneware dish. (You can use a plate, but by using this enclosed dish, things stay where there supposed to stay).

1st Layer - one can of bean dip

2nd Layer - two smashed avocadoes (I mix in a couple tbsp. of mayo to make it creamy).

3rd Layer - 16 oz. container of sour cream mixed with one package of taco seasoning

4th Layer - shredded lettuce

5th Layer - shredded cheese

And finally, top the whole thing off with chopped tomatoes, onions, black olives, green peppers, red peppers - just about anything you want. I also sprinkled the top with a little southwest seasoning that I had on hand - but it's not a necessity.

ENJOY!!!!


No comments: