Thursday, November 01, 2007

What I Do From 8 - 5

For the past 13 years, I've been employed with The Robert Henry Corporation - the first ten years as a receptionist and the last three years with a promotion to Project Manager Assistant (and my own office). Our company has two divisions - construction and electrical. I work with the construction division - taking care of three project managers. They bid the projects and run things once we're awarded the project. I handle all of the contracts, purchase orders, billings and insurance for the subcontractors. Our electrical division is contracted with American/Electric Power and we do all of their overhead and underground electrical work. It's a family-owned business and after 13 years, I feel like these people are all a part of my family. We've shared the joys of weddings and babies. We get into some pretty good discussions on politics, religion and sports. (It doesn't help that most of them are Cubs fans - but at least we all love the IRISH). I feel blessed to be here - and I remind myself of that each and every day.

1 comment:

Arlette said...

WOW!!!! 13 years, that is fantastic!!!