Monday, February 05, 2007

A Good Weekend to Stay PUT!!

Not the best of weekends - aside from subzero temperatures and wind chills. I lost one of the lens to my glasses - probably buried in a snow bank somewhere. Stopped by to see our favorite eye doctor (our son in law Jimmy's dad) and before I was done, I was fitted for a new pair of glasses - thanks to his family discount.

Bob's car is having transmission problems and is in the shop. He noticed something a week ago and stopped to have it looked at. They drove it, and gave it a clean bill. Not true as of Saturday morning. So, this morning - he's got my car and I hitched a ride to work with my son-in-law. We'll hopefully have his car back by the time our company arrives on Thursday.

Bobby came over on Saturday to help his dad to do some furniture swapping between rooms and when he got ready to leave, his truck was dead. He'd left his lights on for only a couple of hours - but with these temps, it doesn't take long to kill a battery.

So between glasses, transmission and a dead battery - Saturday was not a good day.

Sunday, I was up early and on my way to Mass and a quick stop at the store and then it was back to my warm house for the rest of the day - curled up under a blanket, with a pot of brocolli-cheese soup on the stove. We even passed up a chance to party with friends and watch the Super Bowl. Just couldn't get in the mood to warm up the car.

No comments: