Thursday, January 25, 2007

Not a Good Way to Start the Day....

Well……I’ve been on the phone for the past hour with our State Farm agent because Kevin was in an accident last night. AND if that wasn’t bad enough, the woman that hit him, left the scene of the accident. We only have liability coverage on his car, so we need to FIND this woman in order to get his car fixed.

Kevin and his friend Mike were both trying to get her license plate number and they know the first three digits were 71U – and they think it was either 2641 or 6241. It was a newer model, dark color BMW. I just pray that they find her!!!!

So, she leaves – the boys get back in the car (which has stalled) and now it won’t start. It’s midnight – it’s snowing – neither one is wearing a coat and they’re stranded. Kevin calls us – nearly hysterical. Mike has pushed him from the intersection into a subdivision. I get the address and call 911. By the time Bob and I get there, two county officers were with them. By the time the tow truck came and we got home, it was nearly 2:00. Then I didn’t fall asleep until 3:00.

It’s going to be a very LONG day.

2 comments:

Amy Bradburn said...

Wow, good luck with that! I hope it all works out. I did not have good luck with a hit and run in the past, it really sucked. Where did this happen??

Patty Knight said...

At the corner of Brick and Hickory.