Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Scrapbooks

Aside from my husband and children, scrapbooking has become the passion of my life. I discovered this trend almost seven years ago, shortly after our oldest daughter's wedding. I completed a very simple scrapbook - full of patterned papers and lots of stickers and the rest (as they say) is history. Today, there's hardly a sticker to be found in my books and those first albums are pretty tough to look at. Techniques and styles change frequently in the scrapbooking world.

Almost two years ago, I began working part time in a wonderful scrapbook store in Mishawaka, Indiana - Pages in Time. This store is just downright AWESOME!!!!




A year ago, I was invited to join the Design Team, and aside from myself - this is one TALENTED bunch! We all have different methods that we specialize in - and the walls of the store are adorned with our work. Some of us are talented enough to have been published in magazines - and the rest of us only hope to be.

I recently completed my first album for hire. I still remember when the customer approached me, handed me her box of photos and letters and newspaper articles and informed me, "this is my entire life". Not too much pressure on my part! Five months later, I proudly handed her the completed album. I felt as though I had lived with her - from the Korean orphanage through her adoption and into her adult life. It was definately an eye opening experience.

I'm so glad I discovered scrapbooking - mainly for my children and my grandchildren - documenting their lives and adventures, along with my thoughts between the covers of a book.

1 comment: